On Monday night, Australia’s population reached the milestone of 24 million people. That’s double the population when I was ten years old.
No time to read this now? Download it!
As I sit on a crowded train, I wonder what will change in the next 48 years. Here are my simple predictions:
- More people will use public transport
- They will be going home to smaller dwellings
- Work will take on new dimensions and definitions
- They’ll be coming home from jobs we haven’t thought of yet or maybe not commuting at all
- They will live longer but probably won’t get to enjoy the lifestyle we take for granted
- Shared spaces will have more significance
- Green space will become more precious
- Private spaces will be in demand
- What would you add to this list?
- How do you think we can prepare our children and grandchildren for when there are 50 million people on this island?
- What do you hope for them?
- What are you doing to help build a better future?
I look forward to reading your comments!