It’s common at this time of year for us to wonder where the year has gone…
Perhaps you’re also wondering what you’ve actually achieved this year, especially if you didn’t start 2010 with some clear goals in mind.
As we reflect on the past year and prepare for the next, consider starting a ‘done’ list as well as your ‘to do’ list. You’ve been working hard all year and it’s a good time for you to pause and enjoy some sense of achievement before you dive into another year.
To start you thinking about your own ‘done’ list, I’ve put together a quick sample of things my clients have achieved in the last year. I hope it will also be a reminder to them to feel proud of their accomplishments. (You know who you are!)
Have you done any of the following 2010?
1. Raised money for a favourite charity;
2. Successfully implemented new processes;
3. Discovered new ways to approach work and life;
4. Dealt with challenges that were holding them back;
5. Grew in understanding of themselves and their team;
6. Developed strategic and realistic plans for the future of their business;
7. Mastered regulatory compliance and prepared for future changes in their industry;
8. Recruited and retained staff who are integral to effectively running and growing their business.
What are you most proud of doing in 2010?
Why don’t you take a minute now to write down you ‘Top 3′ achievement for the year? I’d love to know, so please share your success below.
Feeling good about 2010 now?
Great! Next week’s article will start you thinking about how you can be in an even better position this time next year, when you’re looking back over 2011.