You are probably confident you know a leader when you see one. But how do you identify leadership potential?
Anyone with leadership potential is probably already a leader in many ways…
- Willingly help others without patronising them?
- Speak up in meetings, offering original ideas?
- Dare to challenge the status quo?
- Express their ideas clearly and logically?
- Volunteer for challenging projects?
- Naturally gain respect and cooperation from others?
- Speak enthusiastically and with conviction on the things they care about?
What would you add to this list? Please comment below.
Your observations of these characteristics are important in assessing leadership potential but they won’t tell you the whole story.
Before you invest in developing these potential leaders, we can help you confirm you’ve picked a ‘winner’. Contact us to find out how.