The recently released Hay Group Australian Salary Movement Index report has some interesting things to say about the basics of finding good staff – and keeping them:
The research reveals that organisations wishing to have higher engagement among employees and lower turnover should focus on getting these five fundamentals right.
1. Confidence – in the organisation and its leadership, providing clear direction ‐ line of sight ‐ and
2. Development – ensuring clear pathways for career development and progression are in place and communicated
3. Selection – ensure you are selecting the right people for the right job in order to maximise employee contribution and minimise turnover costs
4. Reward – fair (internal and external) recognition of both monetary and non‐monetary methods,
ensuring it’s a good fit for the organisation
5. Enabling employees – giving people what they need to do a good job, and an environment that is
positive and one that fosters innovation and creativity
How do you apply these basics in your organisation?