The following information is an excerpt from the whitepaper ‘Best Practices in Talent Assessment’ by Dan Harrison, PhD, of Harrison Assessments International ©2008 Harrison Assessments International. For a copy of the full report, please email us.
According to my 20 years experience in job behaviour assessment, there are several key factors that enable a behavioural assessment to effectively predict performance. These include:
- The ability of the assessment to measure more than 100 traits
- A questionnaire that is work focused
- The ability to detect false answers and to pierce self-deception
- Performance research that is used to create job success formulas for specific job
- Reports that are job specific, numerically quantified and easy to understand.
- The ability to weight and integrate eligibility score and job behaviour assessment scores.
Next in this series: Measuring a sufficient number of traits