The second SLICE financial planning survey examines a range of critical issues confronting financial planning practices, topics that challenge practices’ efficiency, profitability and viability.
The SLICE 2 survey provides financial planning practice owners and managers with an opportunity to quickly and easily share their views and insights with their peers, to build an understanding of trends across the sector.
Survey authors, Peter Dawson of The Dawson Partnership and Susan Rochester of Balance at Work, were thrilled with the response to the first SLICE, held in November 2013. Here’s a small sample of the results the survey uncovered:
- 32% of practices increased their headcount in 2013, with 13% expecting the implementation of FOFA would lead to them employing more staff in the future;
- 18% use social media as part of their recruitment process;
- In selecting staff, 21% of respondents always use behavioural profiles and 20% always use knowledge based test.
- Half the practices surveyed increased their training spend in 2013, but 13% spent less on training;
- 23% rated the support they receive from their licensee for recruitment and people management as ‘good’ (16%) or ‘excellent’ (7%). A further 25% rated it as ‘satisfactory’.
The second SLICE survey looks at business growth, succession planning and the impact of the proposed chances to FOFA. The survey takes than 5 minutes to complete.
When you complete the survey, you will be able to access a copy of the results of the previous survey.