Use this checklist – provided by Steve Champion of ER Strategies – to update yourself on the Fair Work changes that came into effect on 1 January 2010. Steve has included links to more information on each item.
Commencement of the operation of NES (National Employment Standards)
- Notice of Termination requirements – need to terminate employees in writing
- legislated minimum redundancy entitlements
- right to request extra year of parental leave and flexible work arrangements
- Fair Work Information statement – to be provided to all new employees
- new evidentiary requirements for personal (sick) leave
Modern Awards commence operation
- which awards will cover your business? (Advice practices should check the Banking, Finance and Insurance Award 2010 – Ed)
- new Annualised Salaries provision under Modern Private Sector Clerical Award
- new modern Miscellaneous Employees Award
- transitional arrangements – rates, loadings and penalties don’t start to change until 1 July 2010
State System Employers enter Federal System
Need to know more? Call ER Strategies on 1300 55 66 37.