Last week, our single question survey asked readers “What is the one people management issue that is causing you the most pain right now?”
The response was fantastic! Thanks for all your contributions.
Didn’t see it? It’s not too late to give us your answer and have it added to our list of topics for future webinars and articles.
The first webinar is scheduled for 12 noon on Wednesday, 7 July 2010. Topic and registration details will be posted in the next couple of weeks.
Here is a summary of the suggestions so far:
- establishing teamwork – working together on to meet organisational goals
- understanding what each person does and how roles work together
- rewards – ideas on non-monetary rewards
- getting staff to work in new ways in an industry that has been more reactive than proactive in the past
- effectively communicating what needs to be done
- having tasks completed to your requirements
- ensuring staff are productive when you’re not there
- developing teams to meet future needs
- helping staff indentify skill gaps
- making time for training
- attracting the people with the right attitude
- matching the right people to the role
- having the right people in the right seats
- meaningful annual reviews
- addressing weaknesses without causing offence
- managing underperformance
Why not take a minute to add your own or support one of these suggestions?
Click here to have your say or leave a comment below.