Viewers of last Wednesday’s webinar were suprised to learn that most performance management processes are a big waste of time.
How do you assess the value of your process?
Here’s an easy checklist:
1. Do you have all the information you need to set meaningful goals ?
2. Do all your employees get to have a high-quality conversation about their performance at least twice a year ?
3. Does your employee survey show that your performance management process is effective ? (If you don’t currently survey staff, consider using our Team Health Check.)
4. Does it take you more that twenty minutes to comlete the performance appraisal form ?
5. Do you have a maximum of 3-5 goals for each review ?
If you answered ‘yes’ to all five questions, congratulations!
If you didn’t, it might be time to view the webinar recording and/or get some help.