A few weeks ago, we asked for reader feedback on our weekly e-newsletter. Here is a summary of what our readers had to say:
1. How often do you read the updates?
60% read the newsletter frequently or always and 32% read it sometimes.
- As a small (one man) business I welcome any opportunity to interact with new ideas and curent thinking in my area of operation.
- Time available determines if I read it immediately and then interest in topic. I know whatever you write will be good stuff Susan.
- It is fun to read and you never know what you are going to get from them – generally I can take a little bit of something from each newsletter.
- I try to read most of them, however, get very busy. I always have a quick glance. I save most copies so I can retrieve when needed.
- Unfortunately, work load means that I sometimes do not read the newsletters in detail., I do keep them as I see them very useful not only for me but also staff training.
- Enjoy it
2. How relevant do you find the information in the newsletter?
18% found the content very relevant and 68% thought it was somewhat relevant.
- Obviously there will never be 100% correlation between my current projects and the information in the newsletter but it always provides some stimulus for my thinking.
- They are mostly relevant and can be adapted to my circumstances.
3. What is your overall satisfaction with the newsletter?
Very satisfied – 39%, somewhat satisfied – 43% and neutral 18%.
- Very happy to receive these newsletters.
- Interesting and relevant information that is in just the right length to read.
4. What can we do to improve?
- Nothing, and love the way you’ve used this survey.
- That’s a good question!
- Keep it to monthly frequency and focus on time and money saving advice.
- Give me more time in the day.
- More input from other people.
- I find most of them very relevant.
- Send it by snail mail.
- Would be good to pick on some national themes- dealing with disasters or families week or awards and recognitions, etc.
5. What would you like to see in future newsletters?
- Some experiences from other small business sources as per the invite in Q.5 above.
- Real life Stories – and especially about the way your services have benefitted a client.
- Business tips including marketing, sales and admin as well as time and money saving advice.
- Successful marketing ideas.
- Much of the same for now.
- Overcoming toxic people.
- What do you do when you’ve appointed the wrong person?
- More real life stories from people in business. (I know that is a little hypocritical as I don’t have time to provide any content.)
In addition to the above responses, a total of 15 generous people said they would definitely or maybe like to provide content for future newsletters. Thank you, if this was you! We will be in touch with each of you individually to see what we can arrange.
We appreciate everyone who took the time to respond to our survey. It is reassuring to know we are doing some things right and we can now act on your input to make the weekly updates even more relevant and useful to you. If you missed the survey, don’t let that stop you from giving us feedback anytime!
Not a subscriber yet?